Nothing is more frightening than overpaying for your tricks and treats, but this Halloween weekend, Basket has you covered! A Basket app Halloween limited edition is now in the App Store featuring festive fall colors and most importantly, the biggest and best sales on candy in your city. Simply download the newest version of Basket on your Iphone and see which of your favorite candies and treats are already on sale.
With Halloween is around the corner, candy isn’t the only thing we’ve got on our mind. In the spirit of seeing delicious pumpkin decorations everywhere, we’ve teamed with Fabio Trabocchi, the James Beard Award winning chef whose Italian restaurants include Casa Luca, Fiola Mare and Fiola (recently awarded a Michelin star in the newly released Washington D.C. Guide!).
Chef Fabio has generously shared a favorite pumpkin recipe with us and it is not just any recipe!
The following is the secret formula for a pumpkin panna cotta that they serve at Casa Luca. When update your Basket App today, you will see that we’ve featured Fabio’s Basket of ingredients to make it easier for you shop and whip up this delectable treat at home.
Buon appetito and Happy Halloween!
PUMPKIN PANNA COTTA
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract or the scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup (4-ounes) sour cream
- ½ cup (4-ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (or fresh puree of pumpkin or winter squash)
- Amaretti cookies or a flavorful honey for drizzling, optional
- Dissolve the gelatin in the cold water in a small bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the heavy cream, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla over medium-high heat. Do not let it boil.
- Whisk in the gelatin mixture, and remove the pan from the heat. Let the mixture cool for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Mix together the sour cream, mascarpone and pumpkin puree in a large bowl. Pour the cream mixture into the pumpkin mixture slowly, stirring or whisking constantly, until it is smooth. Taste the mixture for sweetness.
- Spoon the panna cotta into 8 ramekins, custard cups or decorative goblets. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 6 but up to 24 hours.
- Serve the panna cotta with crumbled amaretto cookies or a drizzle of honey.